Monday, August 18, 2008

sweet 21

Time: 12.22am

Im sure everyone will agree that this is the year of 21st birthday parties for the 87 babies. I know you are only 'sweet' at 16, but who cares! :)

Happy Birthday to dear lays!! haha seeing her in a sweet red dress is so AWWWW. :P Rare really to see her in one, once in a lifetime! I hope you had a nice nice day and it was so funny seeing your family chase you to blow the candle while you tried to give your heartfelt speech. :)))

Everytime there is a 21st birthday, the topic of whether the upcoming birthday babies will have a party comes up. Some will go through the trouble to have one, others simply dread the logistical nightmare and socializing. Do I regret not having a birthday party? Nah, not really. It wasn't possible anyway with me being on exchange. But there is always this wistful thought that my 21st could have been done a little better. Maybe a meet up with close frens after I got back. Then again, it didnt make sense to arrange something so belated. And to those who felt that it was such a novelty spending your 21st overseas...it wasnt anything worth remembering. Hard to admit, but that day felt kind of sucky. I spent it on the road, travelling back to Sweden from Vienna missing everything back home quite badly.

So to all the babies to have yet to turn 21, I hope you are going to have a blast on that day, regardless of party or not. :) Maybe just being with your family or selected few is good enough to make that day a lovely lovely one! OR if you do have a huge-ass party, call me along! :D haha

On a different note, had com treat at kushinbo tonight. yum yum yum. I think I ate enough to last me 2 days. Sadly though, we didn’t get to sit together due to the huge group we had, so only at the end could we come tgt to chat and all. And I still dont understand the rational of this, but there is always the hourly special, where the restaurant will play the irritating-but-unforgettable song "dong dong dong, 1,2,3 kushinbo...." and then they ring a bell. Like savage hunters, everyone will then rise from their seats and run towards the bell ringing waiter/waitress, eager to get whatever limited items of mystery food they were giving up. Initially I tot I wouldnt care about such a silly thing. Initially la....Im so easily influenced. Went twice somemore.  tsk tsk. Overall though, the food was great and the cold crab was to die for....*drool*. 28 people created a $1017 bill. whoo. I think i need to buy 4D tmr! :)

and tmr starts another week. let it be good please!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home