Sunday, April 1, 2007

flight of fancy

time: 1210pm

on tuesday, we had a few 106 group speeches. Many chose to do the topic "fantasy" One group talked about the fantasy that people build for themselves. A make believe world where they can be someone else. A world that is created due to a desire to achieve what we think we are incapable of now. Another group talked about the fantasy that we see in stories, in movies, in books. The beauty of wizards and talking lions and middle earth.

i loved both interpretation.

maybe cause i'm guilty of both. hee :D

I dun wish to be someones else though. I am happy the way i am. true, there are times of self-doubt, low self esteem, but at the end of the day, who else would i want to be but me? :) Instead of wishing to be someones else, i try to make do with what i have. It doesnt work that well at times, cause then it makes me easily resigned to fate, to forget that maybe i can try to improve myself to be like others, rather than just sitting around thinking " never mind, i'm just like that."

oh..but i love to think about "what ifs", the make believe world, where i can be somebody that isnt even remotely me. where things go beyond logic and ANYTHING can happen.

I wish i could do magic, having talking pictures and toys.
I wish i could actually catch my stuff toys having a tea party when i wake up in the middle of the night.
I wish i could climb up tree tops to find a different realm existing there. above the clouds.
I wish that the gallant fights between good and evil were always so clear, so surreal, as we watch with bated breathe, to know that good will prevail and we will all learn important lessons that can change the world.
I wish i was brave enough to do things that defy convention.
I wish to defy gravity.
I wish i could pluck sweets out of tree,
Have little flowers that would burst out chocolate syrup.(yum..)
That i could communicate with animals with a whistle or a hiss
That witches were really cute little old ladies with pointy black hats.
That lectures will be in song and dance and notes were all in music scores, ready to be sang during exams.
That friendship could forever be as innocent as it was when we were young.

i know...its a jumble of thoughts actually and i could go on for a long time. But what is a life without a little fantasy, a little flight into the unknown. I've always felt so sure that somewhere out there, was a world that is beyond our imagination, where lived people, creatures that no story book or movie has ever described. even now, i think that its out there, waiting to be found. :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

this week, i lost a friend, to distance, to time, to expectations. we have come a long way and if 6 years of friendship stand for nothing, i have nothing else to say. The inevitable has happened i guess. I wonder what you are doing now, all the way across the world, where you sleep when i wake and i wake when you sleep.
Take care my friend. They always say that the world is small, and if we do meet again, lets do it with a smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home