blurp blurp
time: 930pm
I realise that it doesn't matter what my post title is for the entry, it doesn't show on the screen! Neither is there a display time. blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
This weekend was one of the best this sem. I managed to sleep in, do things at my own time, talk to my family and had the whole sunday undisturbed! :D omg..yes yes yes!!
went swimming this afternoon. finally!!!! It was been ages since i last touch the pool. For all the wrinkly fingers and crowds, i still love the pool. The smell of chlorin even grows on you! i wanted a tan, a light brown one, but that would take more than just one swim. sadly i cant afford the time le. I was kind of afraid of the pool being crowded on a sunday afternoon. But it was fine. :) there were just some random xyz people swimming and a bunch of students having lessons.
I love to watch kids having swimming lessons. cause it makes me remember my own lessons back in hougang stadium. The instructor i saw today...
(boy swimming)
(his head under the water)
instructor: dun touch me, just swim!
(his head surfaces)
instructor: talkative ah
(head goes under again)
instructor: come on! thats it...pull and breathe
(head surfaces)
instructor: you only know how to talk, never swim properly... hai yar you!!
hahahha...the instructor super cute, took the chance of the boy swimming to scold him for talking so much just now. But i guess that how its works. He uses his voice to guide the boy, to assure him of his presence. I used to be like that back in primary school. When learning how to swim, i loved to know that my instructor was just a arm's length away from me. I needed him to eradicate my fears of drowning. To hear his voice, all hollow and airly, underwater. And when i finally reached the ending point, for him to grab my small arms and lift me out. Usually i would grab him, gasping for air, super grateful that its over. I even remember the smell from him, a distinct smell of chlorin and cigarette smoke.
I hate cigarette smoke, but that was part of a scent that a 10 year old me would remember. That would probably be the only time of my life where such a scent comforted me.
Another problem with young swimmers( as i can now say as a 20 year old) is that they dun know how to swim to avoid people! its like the only way they can swim is straight! Today as i was swimming i saw two kids heading my way...and they both refused to give me a little more space between them. In the end, i had to become as still as a log as they swam past me and pray real hard they wouldn't kick me!
must be the lack of exercise, i'm feeling quite tired now. back in hall and pleased at myself for washing the toilet. :) time to bathe.....
I realise that it doesn't matter what my post title is for the entry, it doesn't show on the screen! Neither is there a display time. blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
This weekend was one of the best this sem. I managed to sleep in, do things at my own time, talk to my family and had the whole sunday undisturbed! :D omg..yes yes yes!!
went swimming this afternoon. finally!!!! It was been ages since i last touch the pool. For all the wrinkly fingers and crowds, i still love the pool. The smell of chlorin even grows on you! i wanted a tan, a light brown one, but that would take more than just one swim. sadly i cant afford the time le. I was kind of afraid of the pool being crowded on a sunday afternoon. But it was fine. :) there were just some random xyz people swimming and a bunch of students having lessons.
I love to watch kids having swimming lessons. cause it makes me remember my own lessons back in hougang stadium. The instructor i saw today...
(boy swimming)
(his head under the water)
instructor: dun touch me, just swim!
(his head surfaces)
instructor: talkative ah
(head goes under again)
instructor: come on! thats it...pull and breathe
(head surfaces)
instructor: you only know how to talk, never swim properly... hai yar you!!
hahahha...the instructor super cute, took the chance of the boy swimming to scold him for talking so much just now. But i guess that how its works. He uses his voice to guide the boy, to assure him of his presence. I used to be like that back in primary school. When learning how to swim, i loved to know that my instructor was just a arm's length away from me. I needed him to eradicate my fears of drowning. To hear his voice, all hollow and airly, underwater. And when i finally reached the ending point, for him to grab my small arms and lift me out. Usually i would grab him, gasping for air, super grateful that its over. I even remember the smell from him, a distinct smell of chlorin and cigarette smoke.
I hate cigarette smoke, but that was part of a scent that a 10 year old me would remember. That would probably be the only time of my life where such a scent comforted me.
Another problem with young swimmers( as i can now say as a 20 year old) is that they dun know how to swim to avoid people! its like the only way they can swim is straight! Today as i was swimming i saw two kids heading my way...and they both refused to give me a little more space between them. In the end, i had to become as still as a log as they swam past me and pray real hard they wouldn't kick me!
must be the lack of exercise, i'm feeling quite tired now. back in hall and pleased at myself for washing the toilet. :) time to bathe.....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home